Many of us have acidic blood?!
Along my journey to better health and a happier life, I have discovered numerous brilliant and trusted sources speaking on the importance of alkaline foods and ph levels and the dangers of acidic blood and foods. Apparently, certain foods once ingested, may turn to acid in the body causing high levels of acidity in the body which can cause inflammation, immune disorder reactions and when prolonged become a breeding ground for a range of disease. The worst part about this is that many common foods create an acid environment in the mouth and body and are so prevalent, people don’t even know how good it feels to have a healthy ph level.
The premise of an alkaline diet is that the nutrients found in supplements, alkalizing foods, and water can bring the body back to balance. These vitamins, minerals, and herbs infuse the body with new energy, vitality, and better health.
Alkaline foods, good fats, and water must be consumed in order to provide nutrients the body needs to neutralize acids and toxins in the blood, lymph, tissues, and cells.
When pH balance inside the body is ‘out of balance’ the body tries to correct that sensitive pH balance. That process shows up as uncomfortable symptoms, including colds, flues, allergies, diseases, viruses, and bacteria.
When he pH level in our body is unbalanced, almost any area of the body can be affected. For example, when the nervous system is affected as the result of unbalanced pH balance it shows up in the form of the depression. When the cardiovascular system is effected we could have heart disease or experience other heart-related problems, including thickening and hardening of the arteries, coronary heart disease, pain or discomfort in the chest, stroke, high blood pressure, and heart failure. When muscles are affected we often feel fatigue and lack of energy. When skin is affected by improper pH balance we age quicker than normal or it may become splotchy.
When the body’s pH level is in balance, the body reaches the ideal weight and corrects negative health challenges naturally.
Transitioning to a more alkaline healthy diet requires a shift in attitude towards food. The important point to remember is that small changes go a long way. Add more alkaline foods to your diet gradually.
7 Sure-fire ways to make alkaline diet benefit you:
1) Reduce the consumption of sugar and products made from sugar, including soda pop, pies, ice cream, jello, jams & jellies, artificial juices, puddings, doughnuts, corn syrups, chewing gum, sweetened drinks, cookies, breakfast cereals, liqueurs, mixed drinks.
2) Avoid processed foods and condiments including ketchup, salad dressings, pickles, luncheon meats, canned fruits, bread, relish, cheese dips, peanut butter, prepared seafood, frozen vegetables, crackers, canned soups, hot dogs, sausages, sweetened yogurt.
3) Avoid cooking and heating foods and drinks in a microwave.
4) Avoid dairy, meats, fried foods and fast foods.
5) Increase your consumption of raw vegetables and raw fresh fruits (without sugar). You should include raw vegetables in every meal. If your breakfast is so small that you only eat toast or cereal, stop eating toast and take fresh fruits or vegetable juices instead. If your lunches usually consist of sandwiches try to substitute it with a raw salad or a vegetable juice. Have a large salad before you eat a heavy entree at dinner. This way, you will be sure to eat all of the salad instead of finding yourself too full to finish it.
6) Juicing is easy and fast and a sure fire way to get the rewards of alkaline foods. I use a magic bullet blender (it’s small easy to clean and fast). I pack it full of dark leafy greens or cucumber and slam the glass back like a Frat boy on a Saturday night. It takes a little while to get used to the consistency and taste but hey, we’re at the phase of the game, it’s not about taste or texture anymore, it’s about results. I will even take a banana and add a little cocoa powder and powdered greens. They are high in protein and quality cocoa can have good stuff in it too. If you juice enough alkaline foods in a day you can substitute meals and begin to drop serious lbs of sugar-related fat. Pro tip, use leafy greens for best results!
7) Don’t forget to hydrate. Drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of good quality of water each day. Add liquid minerals to increase the quality of water.
If you follow these easy 7 steps it will allow you to create the proper alkaline balance within your body.
Creating the proper alkaline balance within your body will bring you an increased quality of life. You’ll start seeing immediate improvements in your health. Your energy will increase, your concentration will be stronger. You’ll build strength, stamina, and resistance to diseases. Healthier means happier! LOVE!